ASB Room 300
65 Davidson Road
Piscataway, NJ 08854
This Division performs all general accounting functions required by the University on all campuses in New Brunswick, Newark and Camden. These functions include the following:
- Maintaining the University's financial accounting system and processing all relevant documents. The system currently includes approximately 30,000 accounts which are divided into five fund groups - Current Unrestricted, Current Restricted, Student Loan, Endowment and Plant Funds.
- Servicing all areas of the University community on a daily basis. This includes assisting them with their understanding of the financial accounting system, meeting their needs for new accounts and procedures to control funds, and offering training and advice for ways to efficiently process documents and obtain meaningful accounting information for their operations.
- Preparing internal financial reports essential for effective planning, control and decision making for University management and the Boards. Such reports include monthly account details, analyses, and projections.
- Preparing external financial reports required by outside parties to evaluate the financial condition of the University. This includes all annual audited financial statements of the University, various national surveys, and reports required by the State and Federal governments.
- Developing policies, procedures, systems and internal controls necessary to safeguard the following University's assets including:
- Paying all non-payroll financial obligations including accounts payable, capital construction invoices and borrowed funds.
- Maintaining budgetary control over all non-state and non-research funds.
- Maintaining the University's compliance with changes in general accounting principles and practices and reporting and audit requirements of colleges and universities.